28 days holiday entitlement
£0.30 of travel allowance
ABOUT THE JOB: To provide emotional and physical support to individuals and their families. To facilitate independence by working in a dignified and respectful way.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• 2 years or more experience in a similar role
• SVQ 3 or equivalent in Health or Social Care
• Good - Knowledge of health and safety.
• Good - Understanding of health & social care best practice.
• Good - Attention to detail.
• Good - Time management, and planning.
• Good - Ability to work independently with initiative.
• Excellent - Communication across different audiences
• Excellent - Compassionate, trustworthy, and reliability
WHAT WE OFFER: People are at the heart of everything we do, so we continue to invest in our staff to ensure they are happy, motivated, well-trained and supported.
WORKING WITH SOCIAL CARE ALBA
Indeed - "There is a great staff team who are keen to help a new member of staff integrate into the service."
Glassdoor - "Flexible hours, amazing colleagues, great investment in training and development, nice clients"
Google - "Excellent service and very friendly staff"
Care Inspectorate - “New care staff undertook comprehensive induction training which covered the key skills and knowledge required to provide care. They were supported well, being assigned a "buddy" and there was very regular contact and support from the team leaders.”
Supporting new team members, including assisting with their:
● Learning & Development
● Induction and being a Buddy
● Mentorship & Sharing of skills and knowledge
Supporting service users, including assisting with:
● Advocacy and being a Key Worker.
● Catheter care, moving and assisting.
● Promotion of equality and people’s rights.
● Social visits, meal preparation and shopping.
● Reporting incidents, accidents, or complaints.
● Medication, washing dressing, continence promotion.
Managing personal workload, including:
● Logging into and out of every visit.
● Attending and contributing to meetings.
● Updating electronic records such as daily notes.
● Attending all relevant training and development programs.
● Keeping updated with care legislation and SCA policies